How to Apply
The 2016 Gabr Fellowship program is open to applicants from February 20th 2016. The closing date has been extended to May 30th 2016. Please click here to Apply
- The Egypt program will take place from September 1st - 10th, 2016; and the US program from September 17th - 24th, 2016.
- We accept applications from Bahrain, Egypt, Great Britain, Jordan, Lebanon, the United Arab Emirates and the United States.
- All applicants need to be between 24 and 35 years of age.
- Egyptian applicants cannot have traveled to or visited the United States previously, and United States applicants cannot have traveled to or visited Egypt previously.
- If you are an applicant from Bahrain, Great Britain, Jordan, Lebanon or UAE you should not have visited Egypt or the US.
- Those selected are known as Gabr Fellows.
- The Fellows are chosen by an expert panel based on competitive application.
- The Shafik Gabr Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, political party, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or financial ability.
- Please only submit one application.
The Shafik Gabr Fellowship Handbook. Download here.
Safety is of primary importance to the Gabr Fellowship. On matters of travel and security, the Shafik Gabr Foundation will follow the direction of the U.S. State Department and the Government of Egypt.