How to Apply
- The application process for the 2017 Fellowship is now closed.
- The closing date was Wednesday, May 31st, 2017.
- The dates for the exchange programs are: Egypt, September 21st-30th 2017; US, October 21st-28th, 2017.
- We accept applications from Egypt, Great Britain, Jordan, Lebanon, France and the United States.
- All applicants need to be between 24 and 35 years of age.
- Egyptian applicants cannot have traveled to or visited the United States previously, and United States applicants cannot have traveled to or visited Egypt previously.
- If you are an applicant from France, Great Britain, Jordan, or Lebanon you should not have visited Egypt or the US.
- Those selected are known as Gabr Fellows.
- The Fellows are chosen by an expert panel based on competitive application.
- The Shafik Gabr Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, political party, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or financial ability.
- Please only submit one application.
- The Shafik Gabr Fellowship Handbook. Download here.
- Safety is of primary importance to the Gabr Fellowship. On matters of travel and security, the Shafik Gabr Foundation will follow the direction of the U.S. State Department and the Government of Egypt.